Friday, May 23, 2014

Cleaning your graphics card and read only memory (RAM) sticks with an eraser.

Have you ever tried on dismantling your PC piece by piece to clean it thoroughly? It is not often advisable to do, but if you know what you are doing, then why not.

I am used to clean my computer every now and then, and doing it takes a bit of time for the reason that when i do it, i often dismantle it part by part.  I'm not a technician but through the years, i found myself confident in doing it.

The first time i did it, is when i experienced a blue screen when i turned it on.  I had no choice but to force
Actual photo of my RAM stick
shutdown and turn it on again, sadly it didn't work and that blue screen is still there.   I was determined to have it fixed but before doing so, i sort of, tried to see if i can do it myself and find out what's wrong with my PC.  I took my laptop and searched the net for solutions regarding blue screens.  I found the answer from support forums.  They suggested that i should check my RAM sticks and have them cleaned by using an ERASER. It works!!  It did a great job.  Just make sure that before touching any part inside, do make sure that you are wearing an anti-static wrist strap or just by touching the unpainted metal frame of your pc.

Since then, removing my RAM sticks and my graphics card and cleaning then with an eraser has been my way of maintaining my computer.

In addition, cleaning your desktop PC from accumulated debris that gathered from the inside of your computer might help in keeping you pc in tip-top shape, especially the fans that might have stopped from running due to fragments around them.  You may use compressed air to blow these debris away to regulate the air that cools your computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment